The followingwere taken by the UEFA Executive Committee in relation to the UEFA club competitions:
- Removal of pending yellow cards for 2019/20 UCL/ UEL season at the end of Round 16
- Anticipation of the cut-off date for yellow cards received by players to be after the 16th round, rather than after the quarter-finals, in order to recreate the same balance of matches left after the removal of pending yellow cards
- Reduced quarter-finals and semi-finals rounds to single-leg matches for the remaining stages of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League and 2019/20 UEFA Europa League, following the approval of the format involving changes to these competitions by the UEFA Executive Committee on 17 June 2020
- Amendment to Article 51.04 of the UEFA Champions League Regulations and Article 49.04 of the UEFA Europa League Regulations accordingly:
- “Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow card suspensions expire when the play-offs are completed. They ‘re not being carried on to the group stage. Additionally, all yellow cards expire when the Round of 16 is complete. They ‘re not being carried into the quarter-finals.”
- Special rules applicable to the 2020/21 season qualifying phase and play-offs
- Approval of the new Annex I to the UEFA Champions League Regulations (2020/21 Season) and the UEFA Europa League Regulations (2020/21 Season) and the UEFA Europa League Regulations (2020/21 Season), in order to guarantee the start and continuity of the qualifying phase and play-offs of the 2020/21 Champions League and 2020/21 UEFA Europa League as much as possible:
- Such a decision was justified by the current environment created by the COVID-19 pandemic and, in particular, by the different travel restrictions imposed throughout the continent because of the persistence of the health crisis.
- This new Annex addresses the following issues: venue and country restrictions imposed by the relevant national / local authorities, testing and eligibility of players, potential rescheduling of matches and specific rules to reduce protest and appeal deadlines.