Vincenzo Spadafora has stated that Serie A clubs will be able to start training on May 18, after the FIGC has made the requisite changes to its health protocol.
Earlier this week, Spadafora said that only slight improvements to the FIGC protocol were required. One of the amendments demanded by the Minister for Sports Government is for the entire team to quarantine for two weeks if one of their player’s tests coronavirus positive says.
However, he challenged the return of football when he said that it could only happen ‘in complete health.’
Despite the confusion, he said during a parliamentary session this afternoon: “A few minutes ago, before I got to the Chamber, I received a letter from the President of the FIGC, Gravina, in which he announced the FIGC had accepted all the feedback of the scientific committee, readjusting the protocol and therefore allowing, without any further difficulties, training to resume from May 18.”